In 1902, fourteen people met with the pastor of the Stillmore Circuit and organized Metter Methodist Church. The first services were held on the second floor of a blacksmith shop located on the south side of Highway 46. By 1914, Metter was on a circuit with Portal, Register, and Adabelle. The pastors were paid with produce and cured meats. On October 19, 2003, our church celebrated its 100th anniversary.
We are still going strong today!