Before a Church Conference is called to vote on disaffiliating from the United Methodist Church, these steps will take place:
- Administrative Council notifies our District Superintendent of our desire to have a vote to disaffiliate. [COMPLETED]
- The D.S. has 120 days to call a Church Conference to take a vote. [POSTPONED: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2022 @ 2:30 PM]
- Before the Church Conference, the D.S. will hold an informational meeting with the church membership. [SCHEDULED: THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 1 @ 6:30 PM]
- The leadership of the church will hold 2 additional information sessions to inform the congregation about disaffiliation. [SCHEDULED: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7 @ 6:30 PM & SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11 @ 6:30 PM]
- These sessions along with the meeting with the D.S. will be shared in a letter to all members of the church. [READ LETTER]
- When the Church Conference is scheduled, the membership will be informed. [SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2 @2:30 PM]
- The Church conference will only be open to church members. The vote threshold to disaffiliate is 2/3 of those members present at Church Conference. You have to attend in person to vote. [VOTE PASSED]
- If the votes counted meet or exceed 2/3 majority, we will hold a 2nd vote to join the Global Church. [VOTE PASSED]
- Our disaffiliation from the UMC has to be ratified by our Annual Conference in June 2023. Once our church pays it's disaffiliation fees, our disaffiliation will be final.
- If the vote to join the GMC passes, we will join the GMC effective the same day we leave the UMC.
- Following the vote, you can read HERE about the next steps for the church and the annual conference.